Essential Tips for Working During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Working from home may seem like the best of both worlds. You get to sit comfortably in your pajamas while you get your work done. Maybe even watch your favorite tv show while you are on your lunch break. But there are many ways where a workspace that seems like a luxury can turn into an uncomfortable workspace. Now that most of the world is being forced to work from home due to the Coronavirus outbreak, there are many workers that are not used to working remotely. Here are a few essential tips on working from home.
1. Set a good mood to get yourself working in the morning! Try meditating after you wake up. If you are not used to working at home, after a few weeks or even days you might get anxious feelings being socially isolated. Or if you have kids it can get very stressful to balance work and parent life. Meditation can give you a sense of peace and balance during this life changing time.
2. Dress up for your work day. It may sound comfy to work in your pajamas but it could make you feel too relaxed or lazy which could get in the way of getting your work done. Also, it would be best just in case you might need to do a conference call with your supervisor or a client!
3. Create a workspace area. Set up all your work essentials in one area every day. Having a regular routine and designated workspace is healthy and helps separate your work and daily life. Try not to work on the couch or your bed too as this could also make you feel too relaxed not to mention might even give you some back aches when not sitting correctly.
4. Get moving! If you are used to your desk and chair at the office, the workspace you have at home will not exactly be
the same. So try stretching and moving around during your breaks.
5. Avoid distractions. As fun it would be to have the tv on while you work or during lunch it can be very distracting and won't be very productive especially if you have a project to complete.
6. Do you have kids? Keep them busy! For all the parents who have kids to watch while they work it could be very challenging and distracting. Before your work day begins try to set up some activities for the kids to do and give them some extra love and attention during your breaks.
As most workers will be working from home, there are still others who either can't or it isn't mandatory for them and will still need to remain in the office. This can have some pros such as having your workspace already set up for you and not many distractions. Despite the pros of working in your office some could feel anxious about possibly getting the Coronavirus or unintentionally giving it to their fellow employees. Here are a few essential precautions to stay safe and protect yourself and others.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
2. Avoid touching your face especially eyes, nose and mouth
3. Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Cover using the bend of your elbow or a tissue.
3. Take your vitamins! Vitamin C and D provide an immune boost.
4. Stay home if you are sick
5. Practice social distancing and avoid large crowds
There is a lot going on right now and it is all happening so quickly. The Coronavirus is impacting many lives. As a business in the United States, we want to make sure we could help in any way we can. Misean, inc. is in no way professional in health. These are all our
recommendations based on our experiences and information from the World Health Organization and CDC.
For more information on the Coronavirus please visit the link below: